Enrolment is done annually and participants are under no obligation to enrol for more than one year. All electronic articles and video material will remain available until the questionnaires have been successfully completed, or up until the closing date of Friday 29 November 2019.
Prospective participants may choose from the following THREE modules.
(Please note: Participants must enrol for a combination of the options in order to obtain up to 30 CEU points as required by the HCPSA on a yearly basis).
OPTION A: WORKSHOP: 30 – 31 MAY 2019
LEVEL 1: ACCREDITED FOR 12 CEU’S INCLUDING 2 UNITS FOR ETHICS
Theme: Challenging Nutrition
A selection of the following topics will be offered as part of Option A and Option B:
Symposium 1: Paediatrics
- Nutritional challenges in the NICU
- Practical management of food allergies
- Feeding disabilities in children with autism
Symposium 2: Case study discussions
- During this session we will have group discussions of three case studies covering various clinical scenarios
Symposium 3: Ethics session
- This session will focus on the use of social media and artificial intelligence in health care.
Symposium 4: Obesity updates
- New techniques to assess body composition (BAI, phase angle)
- Intermittent fasting
- Nutritional management post Bariatric-surgery
Symposium 5: Gut health
- During this session we will debate what drives gut health: the brain (psychological drivers) versus the gut content (microbiome)
Symposium 6: New consensus guidelines
- A brief summary of all new consensus guidelines published in the past year will be discussed
Symposium 7: Supplement use
- What is new from the Pharmaceutical industry
- Vitamin D: are we all deficient?
- Omega 3: Does it make a difference?
- Micronutrients in everyday use
Speakers include: To be confirmed
Venue: Lecture Hall 11, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, Tygerberg Campus
Map to venue: Please click here to download the map and index for the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg Campus, Cape Town.
OPTION B: FULL WORKSHOP: ON-DEMAND VIEWING
(LEVEL 1: ACCREDITED FOR 12 CEU’S INCLUDING 2 UNITS FOR ETHICS)
In order to reach the widest audience both within SA and outside its borders, ConsultUS is introducing for the first time Post Workshop Viewing with CEU accreditation.
- Registered delegates for this option can follow the workshop from the comfort of your own home / chosen venue from Monday 10 June 2019 up to the closing date of the program on 29 November 2019. CPD points will be obtained by completing an online multiple answer questionnaire at the end of each day. A pass rate of 70% is required and you can complete the questionnaires more than once until 70% is obtained. Log-in credentials will only be supplied to paid-up participants.
- CPD certificates will be available immediately upon successful completion of the questionnaires.
- Click the play button to watch the video; and the fullscreen icon for full screen viewing.
OPTION C: SELF STUDY ARTICLES AND QUESTIONNAIRES
(LEVEL 1: ACCREDITED FOR 18 CEU’S INCLUDING 3 UNITS FOR ETHICS)
Six topical journal articles on various subjects, including ethics will be available on the website (http://www.cneupdate.co.za) for self-study, after which online questionnaires are to be completed. A minimum pass rate of 70% is required to qualify for 3 CPD points per article. Log-in credentials will only be supplied to paid-up participants.
In total; 18 CPD points, including 3 ethic points, can be obtained for this option.
All articles and questionnaires will be available from Monday 10 June 2019 until the questionnaires are answered successfully, or until the closing date of Friday, 29 November 2019.
Brought to you by